Tuesday, July 19, 2022

The kit that dragged its feet

     Years ago, Craftsy used to have great deals on kit closeouts. I don't usually buy kits, but sometimes the price with fabric was too good to pass up.  One kit had batiks that seemed just to not jell together, so after I made the 16 patch blocks, it sat in a bag.


    Then I got the bright idea to make 2 quilts and add borders to make them a good size. The orange and gray one has been made and is waiting for someplace to call home. The more pastel one has been a top, but when I got a request, this one was quicker to quilt and get ready. Quilted with Glide Cleopatra on top and Dove Grey DecoBob in the bobbin. The back is a beautiful batik, wish I had more.



    This is the bag that the quilt, pocket quilts, card, book, CD are packed into and then it all goes in an XL ziploc bag to keep pristine. This quilt is going to a woman who has had multiple cancers since October. She is a friend of a neighbor's sister who lives out of town, so it is being mailed.

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

I bought several closeout kits from Craftsy back in those days. I don't know if even one of them became the "package version" - if so it was a bargello kit. But I don't think that one was a closeout.
However, the fabrics were usually very nice to work with.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like 2 quilts was the best choice there. This one is so pretty.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Two quilts were definitely the way to go!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like what you came up with - they both look great

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVELY! - And I agree - two quilts was the way to go - ;))

Pat McDonald said...

They both look great. You always figure something out when you don't like something.

Pat

Gwen said...

This is lovely and soothing! A great solution when the color mix isn't working for you!