Sunday, July 17, 2022

Ludic headed home

      Not the home Ludic came from (QuiltDiva Julie), but its forever home to do its work. The quilt package went to a woman with ovarian cancer that is the wife of a friend's coworker. I don't know her, but honored the request for comfort. I trust it made the mark like all great quilts do.
     I added 2 borders to it to make it a bit larger. When I was searching for binding fabric, the resident quality control inspector tested it out.

    Upon his approval, the binding was added as well as the label (yes, I know it is upside down on the backing pattern). Washed and ready to pack. I was in a hurry to deliver to the friend and don't have a shot of the bag packed.
    Thank you, Julie, for the top to quilt and gift!




7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVELY!! I'm sure she will LOVE it!! I like the quilting patterns that you chose - they really add a marvelous texture and are REALLY pretty - ;))

Gene Black said...

Beautiful job, Linda (and Julie) I am sure she loves it.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm sure she will love the quilt and all of the hard work you and Julie did to make it. The 2 borders are great choices.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh that one is so cool!
and it will bring comfort!!! I love it!!

Vicki W said...

It's a really beautiful quilt and I'm sure the recipient loved it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have spent the longest time now with your photos enlarged in my tablet, studying your FMQ design choices. Your borders added so much zing and the quilting … just splendid! I am so glad I sent the top and back to you. And I hope our quilt brings much comfort to its new owner.

Gwen said...

Julie's top and back are gorgeous. The quilting in the border is really fun (you can catch a little of it in the sunlight in photo 2), as well as the orange peel quilting in the body and the grids in the inner border. Wonderful texture for a really stunning comfort quilt.