Monday, July 11, 2022

Scrappy Trips Finally

     Another long years marinating WIP sewn. Scrappy Trips, Bonnie Hunter's pattern, has been languishing in a bag for a while. I finally webbed it and noticed a problem. I put it on the wall to study it and see where it was messed up. One block was turned the wrong way. I started this before A Left Handed Quilter showed me how to sew Upstairs, Downstairs her way, which is much superior to how Bonnie does it. I had to finish it the harder way since it was started already.

    Had to rip it out and turn, but here it is. I sewed a blue border around it so I don't have all those seams in the binding (not pictured).

6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh I like it!!!
and don't laugh - I like it with the boo boo as well - that makes me think of a new way to design it!!
Congrats on getting back to it!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray for a finish!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I liked it with the boo boo, too! You could always call it a "design choice" - LOL - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Very pretty!

Gene Black said...

I see the "boo boo" but it doesn't bother me at all. Of course the corrected version is lovely. I do love a good scrap quilt.

Gwen said...

I'm not sue I would have noticed the block in the wrong position. This is
a beautiful, cheerful, scrappy top. Glad you decided to finish it up!