I have been MIA in posting blogs because I just haven't been able to write them. I take the photos, keep sewing, and read everyone else's but can't write mine. I have been super fatigued since my second shot in early March and my mental energy is not right.
Alycia held the A12 mystery quilt recently and I finished my top. The last step was to put the side triangle alongside the churndash blocks. When I tried the dark blue, the quilt looked drab to me. I tried string piecing the squares to be cut into triangles, but I used reds and blues and it looked awful. I tried again using a variety of blues and it worked- I love the quilt now. I pieced the strings diagonally on newsprint, trimmed and then cut them into the triangles. I added about 1/2" extra and it made piecing the triangles easier. I staystitched all around because so much is on the bias or tiny pieces. Have to find a back now. Thanks, Alycia for another great pattern. If you read her blog, stop in and give her a word of encouragement as she just lost her mom.
|Solid blue or mixed red and blue did not do it for me|