Monday, May 24, 2021

Tree peonies stun me again

     I have a pink tree peony plant in my front garden. It is craggy sort of plant, but at this time of the year it is show stopping. The peonies are over 10" in diameter, smell heavenly and the variations in the colors are mesmerizing. They deserve their own post today. I have some magenta ones in the back, but they are not quite open yet. Such an easy to care for plant and no pest seems to bother them. My Asiatic lilies are another matter however. These are not the shrub peonies that die back every year. I hope you enjoy the show!






9 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW! Show stopper is right - those flowers are beautiful! - ;))

Pat McDonald said...

Flowers are Beautiful.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ten inch blooms - I can only imagine the fragrance. They're gorgeous!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh My Stars - those are amazing!!!!! What color and depth and WOW!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Beautiful!! With blooms that large they probably need the woody stems compared to the shrubs. I wish the peonies had a longer blooming season.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Simply stunning, Linda!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My peonies haven't opened yet. Lovey ones you have.

Mystic Quilter said...

Definitely loved the show, the colour of the peonies is breathtaking!

O'Quilts said...

wow I have never been able to grow a successful Peony...sigh