Monday, May 31, 2021

H2H finishes, almost

      This year, I am participating in Sarah's Hands 2 Help Challenge. I have three quilts that are going to Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo. I was helped by a donation of three tops from Alycia's friends. Two quilts are done and ready to go. The third got bumped behind two comfort quilt requests. Just one before it now. Once the third quilt is quilted and bound, all three are going in a box to Quilty Hugs
      When I first received the three tops, I decided to enlarge each of them by adding borders. Glide Pearl for the quilting.

As it came to me

Borders added

All quilted and ready to go

     The next quilt, I added the green border and pieced the back because my math was whoopsie. Glide Celery for the quilting.


Pieced back
     Number Three is coming! It is hanging on a hanger right next to the longarm.

11 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

These are so beautiful!! Love the enhancements - and congrats on the great finishes!

O'Quilts said...

very nice. I especially like the choice of the celery fabric for that border!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those are both awesome, Linda! They will surely bring comfort to their recipients. Nice teamwork on the finishes!

Sarah Craig said...

You did great, Linda! Thanks or being part of H2H 2021

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Definitely better with your additional borders - the recipients are sure to love them - ;))

Gene Black said...

I love the design of the second one. I think adding the green border really makes it more interesting.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good modifications on both unfinished quilt tops! Congratulations on both of these.

Vicki W said...

Great idea to add the borders. I have made the stepping stones quilt before. It's a fun one to make.

Carol E. said...

Fun to participate in H2H, isn't it? I look forward to it every year.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yea! Nice quilts for H2H.

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on the three finishes, these will give comfort to the patients who receive them.