Sunday, May 23, 2021

Blue and green diagonals delivered

      As soon as I quilted the Blue and Green diagonal variations, it was bound and the comfort quilt package was put together and delivered by the person who referred the recipient. I think that works best as I stay out of it and it strengthens the bonds between the recipient and the person who requested.
      I do not usually hear from the recipient, but the woman (who is also named Linda), sent me a beautiful letter. She typed it as she is too weak to write. Here is an excerpt of what she wrote about the quilt, "My quilt is the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen! The jewel colors of the blues, purples, and greens are stunning. The intricate and somewhat whimsical stitching is so awesome."
     Now what better motivation to keep making comfort quilts can there be than that? I don't really need to be motivated, but it makes me determined to keep finding a way for resources and time to keep it going as long as I have breath.

Comfort quilt package, XXL ziplock will seal it up to be clean and protected.

Quilted with Glide thread, Sky

Detail

Back

Two quilts on the design wall at the same time, yikes.


10 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love the "whimsical" quilting motifs - you rock!

O'Quilts said...

Way to go Linda. All her words are correct..xoxo

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt was such a pretty one and it is so nice to hear from the recipient.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with everyone else! I love the "whimsical" quilting motifs - and all of her words are correct - it's a beautiful quilt. You definitely rock - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Her thank you says it all. Great quilts and wonderful reasons to quilt.

Joyce Carter said...

Such a beautiful quilt Linda. Her words said it all. I now it is going to be well loved and cherished.

Pat McDonald said...

Beautiful Quilt, no wonder she loves it.

Gene Black said...

The quilting on this quilt raises it to WOW level. It is wonderful to know that your work is appreciated. Thank you notes are so rare these days.

Kathy S. said...

That is a beautiful quilt. So sweet to receive a thank you note. :) Have a great day, Linda!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I see that you had SEW much fun with the quilting, Linda. Sweet that you received a thank you note from the recipient. I don't blame her one bit, as I think the quilt is gorgeous, too!!