Friday, December 4, 2020

Vintage Churndashes Done

      A while back, someone from my painting class gave me a slew of different blocks. There was enough churndashes plus two I made to make a quilt. I posted about the blocks being part of a exchange. I finally was able to quilt it. My quilting is far from perfect. I used circle rulers in the border and I had a terrible time quilting near the leader grips with them. I had some scrap of green vintage looking print that I used for the binding.

     This was going to be a comfort quilt, but the person who gave me the blocks wants the quilt, so that is what happens.


Vintage postmarks fabric seemed just right

Still yellow chalk dust marking the quilting lines



8 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Mmmm - was that a surprise? I think I would have found it so having been given a donation of blocks because of your making comfort quilts,
anyways Linda, it's a great finish!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Curious how you plan to remove so much yellow chalk dust. I like the border quilting but I don't enjoy using rulers on my sit down longarm (moving the quilt under the stationary needle, using the foot pedal to manage the stitching sped, AND managing a ruler is still a bit much for me).

Debbie said...

This is so pretty, a wonderful old fashion finish. A good wash might take away the chalk.....if not oh, well.
The quilting looks wonderful, and I consider you quite brave to do the border in curved sways.
P.S. Did you name it Indian Giver?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

you had me at churndash!! Love it - I hope you charge her for the finish though... especially since she *gave* them to you.... and you put a ton of work in it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous finish, Linda!! You always do such a lovely job with the quilting. That binding fabric works SEW well!!

Kathy S. said...

I love what you did with the borders! The custom quilting looks like it was a lot of fun to just play. Nicely finished -- and good to know it has a home.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute! I love churn dash quilts.

Kim said...

Such a pity the person wants 'your' quilt back as it is such a pretty quilt. So much of your time has gone into the making of this lovely quilt. The quilting you have imagined is fabulous. Love the backing fabric, too.