Friday, October 2, 2020

Pushing on

     A few posts ago, I blogged about finding a new leader-ender project. I got some excellent suggestions. I also threw the Snail Trail blocks on the wall to see if I could make something small with them instead of burying them in my extra block bin. I had to make some more blocks to get the 4 x 4 design. That was ok because I still had not chosen a leader-ender quilt. I tried a sashing idea with cornerstones, but the dark blue or green did not work.



     Then I remembered the failed sashing from the Wonky Stars. I took off the color squares, trimmed the 2" to 1 1/2" and added the yellow squares to give things a spark. Liked that a lot. Then, I tried the same size 4 patches as the centers for a border. Like that, too.

Tugger holds the sashing strips thinking it is playtime.

10 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a a really nice quilt!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like how you used the "failed" sashing from another project - and are "making it work". It's looking good!! - ;))

Quiltdivajulie said...

YES YES YES!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is perfect sashing fabric.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, that looks like a fun project, Linda!!

Debbie said...

Yes, that worked really well! No disaster here, just lovely lemonade! Your persistence paid off.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The sashing makes it really fun looking.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

i am loving it!!! what a cool colroful little quilt!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Perfect Snail Trail sashing Linda. I'm afraid I've missed reading a number of posts over the past four weeks so now in catch up mode, seems like you had a happy break away.

Kathy S. said...

The text sashing is gorgeous! Great choice. I love the checkerboard border.