Friday, October 23, 2020

Breaktime

      With the craziness of remote learning and ever changing regulations, my husband and I thought my grandkids and daughter could use a break. Where else but our beloved Adirondacks? I found a cottage on First Lake outside of Old Forge online and we went there for a couple of days. A day of rain was ok. The beech trees were so golden this year and there were still remnants of glorious colors. Early morning fog is even beautiful. The cottage was just right and clean. The kids- 10, 8 and 2 had a grand time and my daughter got a break from teaching college chemistry. 

      I know there are gorgeous, magnificent places around the world, but I have this deep satisfaction from breathing in the air of the ADK and gazing at it for long periods. Grateful we could go for a couple of days.

1st Lake
1st Lake in fog
Footbridge over Moose River in fog with grandkids
Hollywood Hills Rd, along 1st Lake
Those lovely beeches!


10 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos! I'm so glad you were able to get a break and get away for a few days. What a beautiful place! The fog is gorgeous too. Great memories and some much deserved R&R.

Pat McDonald said...

Glad you could get away for for a few days. Love your pictures.

Debbie said...

What a wonderful get away! Your photos are so spectacular. I love the foggy one over the lake and then the kids on the bridge. You should be feeling inspired for a while now:)

Gene Black said...

The colors, textures, and imagery are certainly inspiring.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a beautiful spot to getaway!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a beautiful place! I'm glad you all were able to take a break. Your photos are wonderful - I especially like the one of the leaves on the water - ;))

Quiltdivajulie said...

Mother Nature rocks -- she soothes and inspires simultaneously.

Mystic Quilter said...

Linda, the fall colour is magnificent! So pleased you could all take a short break away for a little peaceful time. You picked a beautiful spot.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Very pretty. Glad you got away.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a beautiful and refreshing place - I bet you all felt so much better!