Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Comfort out the door

      I found out via an email letter, that one of my cousins is being treated for breast cancer. I looked through my tops and found a 2 x 4 quilt that would be a nice generous size. I used some fabric donated to me by Gwen that had lots of character to it and was big and quick to sew together. 

      I loaded it and did a different design in every column of the blocks. I tried to keep the designs flowing and fun. The binding was a fun diagonal indigo print. Rather quickly I was able to sew the block pocket on the tote bag, make a card and a couple of pocket quilts, and insert the book. My husband was able to deliver the package in an XL ziploc safely to her porch. It turns out she loves blue. Here's praying she will go through chemo, radiation and surgery successfully.


Some back detail

The back with Label


9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's pretty amazing that you had something in your stash of quilt tops that worked SEW perfectly!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin - but glad that you were able to make a beautiful quilt to help her get through this - ;))

Gwen said...

So nice of you to make a quilt for your cousin. I hope her treatments go well and that the quilt brings her comfort! The great thing about giving fabric to you is that you always use it in a special way! I will keep your cousin in my thoughts and prayers.

Debbie said...

Prayers for your cousin, and hugs to you for giving her comfort. Having stash quilt tops are vital. This one is great!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the idea of different motifs in each of the columns. Here's hoping the quilt brings her comfort during what is sure to be a challenging time.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

what a kind thing to gift to her - I hope it brings healing and comfort

Kathy S. said...

What a beautiful gift for her to comfort her. Love the quilt colors. They do have character. The fact that you quilted it differently really gives the quilt some personality. What a great thing to be able to admire while recovering and healing.

I haven't gotten my husband to be my delivery person yet. Someday...

Mystic Quilter said...

So sorry to read of your cousin having breast cancer, the quilt you've gifted to her will give comfort at this very difficult time.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'm sure your cousin loves the quilt. Hopefully she will recover from the cancer.