Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Trying out some blocks

      While I love Bonnie Hunter's Appalachian Autumn quilt enough to purchase the pattern, all the neutral backgound colors seem to not hold as much excitement as fall colors. I did see someone on her blog that used blues, so I tried light blues and dark blues. I have to decide whether to continue on. I would have to make the quilt rectangular as the square shape doesn't work as a cover. I also thought of combining green strings to make the leaves and have a transition from greens to oranges. Lots of thoughts, not so much action. I found the process making the blocks fun. 

     There are so many interruptions around here supervising the grandkids' remote learning.



10 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh I LOVE this combination. Take your time - the idea of shifting from greens to oranges seems like it has great potential.

Kathy S. said...

Love the light blues. It reminds me of leaves floating in water.

I bet your grandkids are the best students. I'm trying to cherish this extra time that I have with our son. It happened for a reason, so I rejoice on the path we are on.

Debbie said...

I love the darker blues to turquoise background! An azure colored sky just says fall is here. I agree take your time and enjoy the process of simple sewing and color selection....you are doing good with it.

Gene Black said...

I love the richer blue shades on the right. It really pops the design.
I like the idea of having various colors of leaves.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Autumn leaves floating in a clear blue sky? LOVE it!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your blocks have a lovely contrast with the orange and blue - VERY nice! - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think the blues look great with the fall colors.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh those blues!! they remind me of the stunning skies that you see in fall - This is a great combination!!

Vicki W said...

I love the look of Bonnie's quilts but I've never been tempted to make one. But, I have to say, this one is my favorite and I love the blue for a backgreound.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like those blues. I saw the quilt background you were talking about on Bonnie's blog. Great colors.