Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Zig zag all done

     In a scrap quilt workshop presentation for my guild a while back, I did a number of quilt ideas including Zig Zag by The Happy Zombie.
     I finally got around to making the backing. I used some leaf fabric donated by Gwen stretched to fit with some funky dots. It is about 62 x 80. Once again, I used striped fabric for the binding. I had some real wide stripes which worked perfect with this design. The orangeish tone on the white is chalk from marking as I do not wash the quilt until I find out who the recipient is. It is an easy quilt. even though it is on point. I used Glide Celery on top, Linen PremoSoft in the bobbin. Hobbs 80/20 batting. All quilting done freehand on my now fixed Nolting NV longarm.
     I still believe quilting makes the quilt.
    This will be a comfort quilt when I receive a request.






10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE this cheerful quilt AND your quilting! It's SEW exquisite!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE the happy colors - and your quilting is AWESOME!! - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That is a cute quilt. It will make someone happy when the time comes.

Vicki W said...

What a cute quilt!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I always love a zig zag quilt!!

Debbie said...

Looks grand! Love the variety of quilting that you used.

Joyce Carter said...

This is so pretty Linda. And the colors makes it such a happy looking quilt. The quilting is gorgeous. I love the way you did that.

Mystic Quilter said...

Cute zig-zag quilt and your quilting is beautiful! Love the green leafy backing Linda, very different.

Preeti said...

That is a lovely finish. The quilting is perfect!!!

Dre in PA said...

Shades of Eric Carle...