Friday, March 20, 2020

Orphan Adoption


    Cynthia Brunz of Quilting is more fun than Housework, is sponsoring another Orphan Adoption with links on her blog.
Quilting is more fun than Housework     This is a good time, with cleaning out all my studio, to offer something. In some bags of scraps given to me for my comfort quilts, I found these blocks. They are made from Cherrywood Fabrics and are 6 1/2" unfinished and there are 18 now. It looks to me that someone made intricate blocks along with the 365 quilt block patterns, but petered out. I would have. I love the fabric and the blocks, but I have too much to work on and will not get to these in the near future. The package includes the blocks and some Cherrywood fabric as seen in the photo.
     If you would like these blocks to complete, add to, or otherwise create a finished quilt, make a comment. On Sunday evening, I will have my granddaugher pull a name from the comment requests and I will announce it on Monday on this blog. I will mail them to you if you have proper email info and able to give me a US address. 

10 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Our quilt ministry group is always happy to receive fabrics and started projects for our donation quilts. Thanks for your offer to part with these lovely pieces.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I have plans for Hands2Help quilts and your blocks would facilitate the process.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those are cute blocks. I'm sure someone (not me) will turn them into a great quilt.

Joyce Carter said...

Linda, I have a stack of 6 1/2 inch blocks that I made several years ago, but I don't have enough to make a good size quilt. I would love to put these with mine. Thank you so much for the chance.

GranChris said...

I could use these for a quilt or potholders. Jmikebalou (at) aol (dot) com

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda! - Count me in! - Cherrywood fabrics are great for the background when I make a "confetti" quilt - they are the same color front and back - with no "wrong" side - ;))

Lisa England said...

Oh, these are lovely! I have an idea for a way to set these and turn them into a great quilt to donate to Hands2Help or to our local Hospice facility. I love that all the blocks are different as it makes the finished quilt so interesting to look at. Thanks for the offer to share these blocks!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Throwing my name in the hat! I love to take orphan blocks and combine with others I have made into a fantastic sampler to gift. tvonzalez@gmail.com

Lee said...

What great blocks! Would be fun to put together for a donation!

Mystic Quilter said...

I hope the blocks found a good home!!