Thursday, March 19, 2020

Aliens have landed

     The aliens/superhero quilt is finished. All quilted and bound and labeled. When I find out when and where I can mail it, I will wash it, remove it from the dryer with gloves, put it in the tote bag which is also ready, add a card and book, and then plastic zip loc bag it, put it in a box and mail it to New Jersey for the little guy.
     I loved to quilt it and some may think it is over-quilted, but I love the texture. Once it is washed, it will have that lovely texture crinkle. The backing is an ombre dark blue that I have been saving for something. I think it works here- it is not faded, just ombre. And yes, I see the block error in repeating (saw it when I got to it in quilting).




7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, love that blue striped binding and all of the wonderful texture you quilted in!!!

Quilting Babcia said...

I'm sorry but I can't see any errors, that must make it perfect, right?! Sweet quilt and that someone special is going to love it.

Debbie said...

Wonderful finish! I love the texture and never mind being over quilted....lol.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love the quilt and the quilting texture - the little guy is sure to love it - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

Super finish Linda and I love the quilting., just beautiful.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It looks great. Covid-19 only lives on fabric for 24 hours or less.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a great finish - and will be totally loved!