Friday, February 14, 2020

Another one pieced and a sample

     I have a 110 year old Singer 15 treadle in a parlor cabinet. I love the stitches. I needed some relaxation, and not being a big TV watcher, I webbed the gray and color batik rectangle blocks. It was very satisfying. So, another top done and ready for quilting. I got the idea from Sarah's Rockin' Rectangles lessons.
         I got a comfort quilt request for a little boy who is going to undergo some scary surgery. I tried some sample blocks of broken dishes with dark colors and light prints. I put them on the wall and looked at them. I don't think they have the punch I was hoping for. I think I will try another pattern I saw from the Quilted Twins and scare up some super hero, monsters, and dinosaur fabric which are his likes.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your batik and gray top - nice contrast between the bright batiks and lighter gray! Super hero, monsters, and dinosaur fabric sound great for a little boy - I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with - ;))

Lizzy said...

I love to treadle. I use a 201 but had to get out the 15-90 for some tote bag work. Honestly, the stitches are so much better on that 15. I just wish it weren't so noisy!

Debbie said...

Wow, super great rectangles!That layout gives a lot of design possibilities.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Rockin Rectangles is great!
I bet you will find just the right pattern - I like ones with big blocks when using the superhero fabrics... More punch!! ha ha!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Every once in a while, I have my hubby move a treadle in the family room and I treadle while watching something on TV (I don't watch much TV, but I love movies). I like the quilt top, and the blocks will make a good boy quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

I love the rectangle batik quilt, the grey makes all the colours really pop.