Monday, February 10, 2020

A RWB finish

     Slowly I am finishing quilts. I spent January going through all my lists and charts, updating and analyzing. Conclusion: I need to double down and get some tops quilted. I need to finish piecing unfinished tops. I made a small list of first quilts to do. I also have a list of quilts I want to do in my Tracking three ring notebook.
     The RWB bricks has been pieced for a long time. It is smaller than QOV asks, so it will have to be given a different way. They changed the size since I started it. I liked quilting it because I could keep a constant with the star in the the white, and use different patterns in the stripes. I hand guided the stars, they are not perfect, but I like their character. I used Military Gold Glide on the top, PremoSoft Sky Blue bobbin. I love stripe fabric bindings.




Back
Detail


11 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the striped binding too, it looks great with the pattern of the quilt.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like the stars in the white - they show up nicely with the gold thread - and the striped binding is terrific final touch - ;))

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I Love it!! Love the quilting on it - and that binding just makes it pop! You might be able to find a QOV person looking for a quilt for a Wheelchair Veteran .. I still use the smaller ones for specific people ;-)

AWESOME job!!

Ramona said...

Great finish! I just love your quilting. It kicks the fun brick design up several notches.

Debbie said...

Great finish and good choice of motif! I love the stars....no one has to be perfect. Done is good!

Vicki W said...

That's a nice quilt and I love that binding!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Constant star in the white squares worked great and it looks like you had SEW much fun quilting those bricks!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray for forward progress and a finish (I like striped bindings, too).

Preeti said...

This is a lovely finish. Striped binding are my favorite too.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm another fan of striped bindings whether using one fabric or lots and the bricks have made a beautiful quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice finish. You'll find a great home for that QoV.