I continued to press on finishing the quilt that my grandson designed on my get well card. After piecing and trimming, I pondered on the stars. Ethan helped me pick out fabric he thought would work. I drew stars on freezer paper, cut them out, ironed them to the fabric, and used what I learned from Karen Kay Buckley- Magic Sizing applied with a brush to the fabric, folded againt the freezer paper, and ironed flat. I had a few different size stars and went with the smallest ones I made.
After dusting off the vintage Bernina 830, using a 70/11 needle and monofilament from YLI in the top and bobbin, and the blind hem stitch, the stars were on. It sewed like a dream. I don't sew on it very often thinking I will break it.
When viewing it on the wall, it ocurred to me if I had applied what I learned from a David Taylor lecture in Houston, I would have remembered shadowing and lined the stars. Oh well, it can't ever be in judged show, but I am not ripping them out.
I found some big piece of hand dye for the backing, cut some Quilters Dream for the batting and will baste it all together to quilt on a beloved 301. I think it is too small for the long arm.