Friday, February 22, 2019

Another one started

     I try to keep my mother occupied and she can sew straight seams at 1/4". She can't (won't) piece blocks. This means that I have to do a lot of cutting and matching before I give her something and trimming and sewing blocks and assembling afterwards. She blows through what I give her like a house on fire, and I am still struggling to finish the last project with other projects going on. I have two quilts web-ready for quilt retreat that she sewed the strips for. I have two quilts with HSTs made from layer cakes she sewed all around that I need to lay out. And she wants more to sew and I can't keep up, so she is bored right now. 
     A while ago, I did the 2 x 4 quilt with 3.5" strips. I layed it out after cutting her sewn strips and my sewn blocks. One ready to web.

      I looked through my batiks and cut 2.5" WOF strips, matching them up and giving her enough sets for a twin size quilt. She sewed them all in record time. Now I am subcutting them into pieces for blocks and putting them on the design wall. I hope to get all the blocks sewn and laid out on the wall, marked for webbing before the end of March quilt retreat. And do my other sewing/quilting.


Blocks done so far.

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

So, guess you are busy!!! Seeing your 2x4 photos has me itching to make another one, I have stacks of batik but I'm wondering how they would look with KF fabrics plus batiks, rather like my kaleidoscope quilt≥

The Joyful Quilter said...

How lucky you are to have a Sewing Fairy!! I could use one of those. And a Cutting Assistant. And a Pressing Partner, too!!

Debbie said...

You have an energizer bunny working behind the scenes! Can she sew string blocks? Have no idea how to keep her busy. But you have some great projects to work on.