Tuesday, August 2, 2016

What followed me home from AQS Syracuse

     I was fortunate to travel to AQS Syracuse, NY for the show with some women from my quilt guild. It is a shame AQS pulled out after this year. This show was better than last year- more vendors, better hanging of the quilts. Since I lost my two LQS, it is great to have so much available to look it. I did not impulse buy anything- it was all on my list or I had a purpose for. I have always loved the Lotta Jansdotter prints and they had a fat quarter bundle for a reasonable price.  I don't buy fat quarters anymore, but it was the whole line, $40 for 23 of them. The black, grays and creams are mostly from Jennifer Sampou's line and one booth had a great assortment of yardage. I did resist buying a custom thimble from TJ Lane. It was great, but it was $100. Nothing was real cheap, but I could look at it and touch it. When you look at the photos, it doesn't seem so much, but the receipts are painful.
Bundle of Lotta Jansdotter fat quarters and
assortment of yardage for a new project
Clover adjustable thimble, needles, Pearl cotton size 8 variegated and solid- from Wonderfil, Premo soft thread, Needle nanny to hold scissors, extra leader grips, replacement blades for seam ripper, tacky adhesive for rulers, blue line marker

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Glad you had a good time! Did you happen to see either of my quilts that were there? Just curious ...

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great haul yourself. Too bad neither of us knew the other was there! I completely slipped the TJ Lane booth knowing they are costly and when I (rarely) try to wear a thimble on my middle/pushing finger, I give ppl the bird cuz it's so awkward for me. LOL.