Sunday, July 31, 2016

Gone to the dogs


     A friend of mine said she wanted to learn to make quilts. I found a simple pattern from http://www.jellyrollfabric.net/ called Patience Corners. My friend is a dog person. I pulled together scraps to make the blocks and piano keys and I used a cream on cream print for the background. My friend came two times and then quit. I took this quilt a year later to a quilt retreat and finished it up. Last week, I quilted it on the long arm. I kind of made up a dog bone shape in the cream areas and used a running around loop line in the squares. I just did straight lines parallel in the piano keys. I took all my b&w scrap binding pieces, sewed them together and used it for the binding.
    I put it in a nice bag and delivered it to her. I am not sure how she liked it, but it is done and gone to another home.
    I am not sure why I have that light circle on some of the photos, the sun was at my back. I am hoping it is not my camera.






4 comments:

Dre in PA said...

Excuse me, you finished some else's UFOs? Where can I sign up for this program?!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm with "Dre in PA"- where do I sign up? - ;))

Louise said...

That's a really cute quilt! I hope your friend appreciates it. But sometimes you give away a quilt and aren't really sure they want it, right? I try not to let that bother me, but it can be hard. I try to remember that my satisfaction comes from working with the fabrics and finishing something pretty and useful. A finished quilt is soooo much nicer than a UFO!

Sarah said...

Well that's a bummer that your friend requested lessons, used your fanric and then quit mid-project! I really hope she appreciates that you finished it for her! The dog bones are a great touch