Thursday, July 7, 2016

Three for the road

     I have been feverishly trying to get three comfort quilts out the door. I had three requests recently and wanted to get them done. Besides piecing the tops, the backs, quilting, binding, I have to sew pockets on bags, sew labels on, make cards and put the bag packages with the books together after washing the quilts. It seems like the process is longer than I would like it to be. I think I have shown some of the quilts before, but here goes anyways.
Back
Closeup
Closeup
Maybe Quilt for co-worker of my husband diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer
Back
Closeup
Diagonal Variation Quilt for the 32 yr. old daughter
 of a co-worker of my husband
Back 
Closeup
Maybe Quilt requested by someone for a friend's mother
undergoing cancer treatment

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

These are simply gorgeous! And your quilting is wonderful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that you posted the first and last quilt in the same blog article!! The same quilt, yet SEW different due to color placement. Always an intriguing phenomenon to me.