Sunday, December 3, 2023

Trying to catch up

      I have no idea why I cannot keep up here. Why is it so hard to post on a regular basis? I take the photos and get them off the camera into folders and then I cannot sit and write the posts. It is frustrating. I read everyone else's everyday, but not write my own. I lost a whole month.
     At the beginning of November, my quilt guild had its fall retreat. It was bigger than the six it had dwindled down due to covid fears. We were up to 14! It was a great time of sharing and working with others, seeing how others do things and asking each other for suggestions/critiques. Just wonderful. As we work, we put the done work on the railing into the room down the ramp. It gets exciting seeing the work build up. We have the retreat at Stella Niagara, which is a facility that used to be headquarters for a certain group of nuns and a school. There still is a little school there. It sits on a perch above the Niagara River just north of Lewiston, NY (Artpark) and south of Youngstown, NY (Fort Niagara and Lake Ontario). Gorgeous walks when you need a break.




     At the end of the retreat (Sunday morning), we do a show and tell of all our work before we take it all down and leave. We can be there from Thursday to Sunday. The next one is at the end of February. Just a sample of what was done there.


Made from old tie pieces left over from a larger quilt

Finished from a UFO left at the guild sharing table






     Plus, we always work on a small project. I always try to find something we can do together. I found this great folding box on She Can Sew.



6 comments:

Vicki W said...

It looks like you had a great time! I just love a sewing week (or day) with friends.

JustCallMeElle said...

Super lovely stuff. (I love retreat!)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm happy to see a post on your blog again. I find it easy to post each day sometimes with just one photo and a few words, other days lots of photos and more words.
Lots got done at your retreat and it looks like a nice facility.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I bet that is cool to see all the finished pile up!!
glad you had a good time!

O'Quilts said...

I am thrilled to see a post too..and a fun one... I know you do not like to write...wanda is right...sh ort and sweet xoxoxo

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've been meaning to write a blog post for almost 2 weeks now. Sometimes it's hard to just sit down and write it down. My little guild doubled during Covid, since we were one of the few guilds that actually met 'in person' most months. People need interaction with other people.