Monday, December 4, 2023

Presto Change O, different quilt

      One of the quilts I worked on the retreat was one from QuiltDiva Julie. She gave me two that used the same rail fence type pattern. I did make the first one according to plan, but when I started sewing the second one, I got fidgety. I looked and thought and rembered the 3 Dudes quilt from MSQC I made long ago. It would lend itself perfectly with no waste.
     I started with the same rail fence blocks, Light Dark Light Dark Light and Dark Light Dark Light Dark, but then I placed them right sides together and sewed all around them. Then I cut them diagonally from corner to corner twice.





      Pretty dynamic for some brown and neutral stips, huh? It excited me.
Sewn quilt, it did get a border to make it wider (shown another day)- no fabric wasted from what Julie sent me!

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh, that's really nice!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, wow! What an awesome quilt top - waaaaaay better than a rail fence!

Gene Black said...

Yes, that really kicked it up a level!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That one does pop very nicely! Good idea.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That makes an exciting design from some simple blocks

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love it!! and those colors are amazing together!!!

Julie said...

Job well done, Linda. Nice to have those tried and true ideas for just the right fabric cuts. It makes a lovely secondary pattern, and will keep someone cozy too.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, wow! You have inspired me tonight! This is perfect for what I need! Thank you.