Thursday, April 13, 2023

Leafing out

     No, not the branches on the trees here. The daffodils finally are opening and the hellebores have, but little else. The quilt's leaves are rustling.
     I have been absent here, not because of the weather, but between Easter prep, guests and making dinner, and then I had cataract surgery combined with glaucoma surgery. I am unable to see in one eye. My right eye is fogged out. It is supposed to last 3-5 days and I am going, frankly, nuts. The eyes are fighting for supremacy, I have no vision but fog in one eye, and I can do little. I am trying hard to do this post. I can't sew or cut or drive or read. The doctor says it is fine. I supposedly have the left eye in less than 2 weeks to do. Might have to be put off. Eyesight is a gift I highly treasure.

Just before eye surgery. Big Purple's first quilt. Rosie thinks it is a hammock.
The leaves done with swirls around them, straight lines in the corners.


Back detail

Backing blown by wind
     Thank you to Quiltdiva Julie for the quilt pieces, backing and awesome binding! I hope you enjoy seeing it. No recipient yet.

10 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a beautiful quilt!
Hoping for a quick recovery on your eyes - that has to be annoying, and so frustrating - since you use your eyes for so many things!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's scary letting anyone do something to your eyes. My eye with the tumor has limited vision and I'm not sure I would let anyone touch the other eye. I hope it clears up as the dr. predicts and you can get back to normal life.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Sending all sorts of good-healing vibes your way. Eyesight is indeed precious! The quilt looks amazing - you did SUCH a good job with those random pieces!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your quilt is beautiful - I love the backing, too! I hope your eye heals quickly so you can get back to Big Purple - aka Rosie's hammock - ;))

Gene Black said...

Yikes.. I would likely be a bit panicked. I highly treasure my eyesight also. I know it was difficult for a day or so after each of my cataract surgeries. The day with the patch over my eye was probably the worst.

Here is hoping for a fast recovery.

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear of your vision issues - may they clear up more quickly than predicted!

And the leaves quilt is wonderful, such an example of taking something nice and making it wonderful.

Ceci

Mystic Quilter said...

Sending hugs and good wishes for speedy return to normal sight. I can understand your frustration and your thoughts of postponing the next scheduled surgery, can't be in the position of having both eyes not functioning. Patience is hard but as my Mum used to say to me when I was younger 'Patience is a Virtue', not always easy to take that view. You've done a tremendous job with the quilt blocks and the leaves are perfect, blowing in the wind across the surface.

Karen Szymanski said...

Praying for wonderful result from your eye surgery! Sorry you had to have it, though if it helps you see better it will be a great thing afterward. May God heal your eyes up quickly and give you His peace during this waiting time.

Vicki W said...

I hope your eye is much better by now! I'm a little behind in reading....

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I hope you are seeing better quickly. It must be frustrating.