Sunday, November 12, 2023

Building the Stash

      I am reporting proudly that I am building my stash as an ongoing process. I never know what fabric I will need to use and I build most of my quilts shopping in my own studio. There is only 1 local quilt shop left in the Buffalo area and they concentrate on novelty fabrics. I know it is not the popular thing to do, but I enjoy building the collection for quilt usage and I use fabric every week . People do give me quality scraps and send me fabric that I am grateful for also.
     Autumn fabric was almost half off and I needed to replenish what I used.

     After working on those Kindred Pinwheels, I fell in love with Tilda fabrics, and after seeing the Hibernation series on Maureen's blog, I bought a fat quarter bundle and another small one of the blenders which I did not photo.
     To keep me going in making comfort quilts, Vicki augmented my stash by gifting me some awesome hand dyes. Yes!!

     I forgot to photo some lovely blenders that I picked up at Hobby Lobby to go with the Hibernation fabrics. All of these just get my creative juices on high alert which is good because it gets dark so early now and we are entering grey sky season here.
     Let the cutting begin!


5 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh good for you for with your fabric purchases! I'm so pleased you liked the Hibernation fabrics, they are so cute. Lovely Autumn colours in the novelty fabrics, interesting to read there is only one shop in the Buffalo area, seems to going a little that way here. The hand dyes from Vicki are awesome, looking forward to seeing your quilts now!

Quiltdivajulie said...

A nice deep stash is essential when creating quilts - I've never done well with pre-packaged/chosen groups as I prefer to mix things up. Your autumn fabrics are lovely as are the donated hand dyes (yeah, Vicki). I love the hand and coloring of the Tilda fabrics but have resisted purchases so far. (as to the gray sky season comment - do you have a Happy Light?)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the Tilda Hibernation group too and had to have a few of them. I had purchased a few of her Hometown pieces too and they go well together.
For those of us who use fabric every week, acquisitions are necessary when the price is right. It keeps the whole stash looking fresh and exciting.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love your stash building!!
and you know - you are an artist - you need your mediums with which to create!!

Starda said...

A shining example of excellence! Your post is both insightful and well-crafted. Thank you for sharing your valuable perspective.