Thursday, November 9, 2023

Progress with pinwheels

      It has been very satisfying sewing the Kindred Pinwheels blocks with the Tilda triangles Maureen sent me. In fact, I have so many blocks that I think they are too much for one quilt and will split them into 2 comfort quilts, 4 by 5 blocks each with lattice and borders.

Rosie's inspection looking for imperfections and stray threads

Figuring out lattice and cornerstones

I will make the second quilt with darker lattice and then light cornerstones, so I am just testing the idea with a few greens. Not sure if these are the lattice fabrics yet.


6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love seeing Rosie the quilt inspector! And yes, those Tilda triangles are lovely to look at.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love pinwheel blocks and the fabrics are so pretty. I had to buy a few Tilda fabrics. NO ideas yet for using them but I love looking at them.

Mystic Quilter said...

So nice to see the triangles made up Linda and a good idea to make two quilts. I do lime the sashing and cornerstones, they make a beautiful block.

Kathy S. said...

Those are beautiful blocks. Rosie is doing a great job.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like those blocks!! And all scrappy is so cool!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice blocks. I like the lattice and cornerstone approach for those blocks.