Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Chipping away

      I have lots of projects. I have a whole notebook of them that I track. First, an older one- finally quilted this week. I have to add the binding I made yesterday and then I can post the whole quilt.

     I have a new project. Maureen sent me a bag of triangle and pieces of Tilda fabric- I had never heard of it, but, oh my, I really like it. I found a Missouri Star Quilt Company pattern called Kindred Pinwheels and I thought it was perfect for these triangles. I adapted and used the whole size of the triangles. I am using off white on white background pieces to keep the softness of the colors in the fabrics. The darker colors are in sets of 4 and the lighter ones are another 4. I have to cut a lot of triangles and 2 1/2 x 7" strips to sew all the triangles Maureen sent. I think instead of laying out a block at a time, I am going to sew all the dark triangles to white, then all the white strips to the light triangles and then lay out the blocks. It might save time and effort.


7 comments:

Jeanna said...

Those fabrics are lovely and make some pretty blocks. It will be fun to watch this one come together.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Jeanna - it will be fun to watch this one come together - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The block you are making is one of my favorites. I have been resisting the Tilda fabric. I have one half yard that I ordered to reach free shipping on one site. She has a unique style.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Maureen is wonderful, isn't she! The way you've decided to use the triangles is perfect.

Gene Black said...

Those blocks look lovely. I am sure the quilt will be delightful.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay for moving a quilt along!
and those kindred pinwheel blocks are going to be so cool!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh my word - I missed such a lot of posts with all the goings on at my place so I missed the Pinwheels, they're looking great.