Thursday, June 15, 2023

Scrap Jar Stars sewn

      I have no idea how much time has flown by. I was sewing and moving fabric around, but somehow writing and posting eluded me. Scrap Jar Stars is now sewn, it is 72 x85. I added a 3" white border to contain it and to stabilize the edges. More and more, I do not like enclosing so many seams in the binding. I like the snap and brighness of it as well as so many different fabrics. I used lots of different white on whites for the background so the colors were not in a boring flat white sea.
     Once again, I did all the components- the center 16 patches, the corners, the HSTs, as leader enders. Then I laid out each block on freezer paper and stacked them and sewed them as a web block. I also sewed the sashing on each block, and then sewed the blocks together web fashion. I do not like the technical difficulties of sewing long thin strips of fabric between rows of blocks. I have better control and results this way.


7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Oh, that is a pretty one!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Wanda - VERY pretty! - ;))

Vicki W said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Gene Black said...

That quilt is lovely. I will be excited to see how you quilt it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

REALLY pretty - I've tried that block but never made more that the first test block. Kudos to you!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Good for you making the decision to go bigger with the size, Scrap Jar Stars is a delight.