Thursday, March 23, 2023

Moving along- quilts and quilting

      Another comfort quilt went out the door last week- Flaneur that was given to me by Quiltdiva Julie to finish. The woman who I gave it to is fighting blindness in one eye and can do nothing for 4 months while surgery heals. And then she has to do the other eye. This wasn't how she planned to spend her recent retirement.

After washing and folding ready to bag

     Finally, I quilted a quilt that I made in a guild workshop years ago. It is called Borneo Lights. It is good for a large scale print. I did not arrange it like the pattern, but tried to make a grouping that made more sense to me. I used Glide Military Gold for the top and Glide 60 Military Gold for the bobbin. I love Glide thread because it is good and made in the USA. Order some soon as the price is going up real soon.
     I wanted it to be a veteran quilt. I was able to finish the whole thing except for the bag. I have someone in mind for it, I will try to coordinate the hand off.




7 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You are always so sweet to make quilts for others in need.

Vicki W said...

You are doing great things and spreading a lot of love.

Jeanna said...

Two more beautiful quilts that will be loved by others.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are having good luck with the Glide thread so maybe all of your tension problems are over now. 3 quilts finished.....nice to have some near the finish line when you need one.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks for the Heads Up on the price increase for Glide. I need to order a couple of my basic colors. I love the way Flaneur turned out - so happy I sent it on to you to finish! The second quilt is also wonderful - and may it bring comfort to its new owner.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Two more beautiful quilts! - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

The lady who received Flaneur will be thrilled when she actually fully see this quilt.