Friday, February 24, 2023

Moving some forward

     Looking through my bags of projects, I moved some forward. I finished the blocks for two quilts, arranged on the wall, and got them ready for webbing, clipping them in colums, and bagging them. Quilt retreat is at the end of March, and I find if I take quilts that need webbing and assembly, I get them sewn as there are no interruptions and they feed us. These two will be assembled there.
     First, I finished the black and white Oh my Stars swap quilt. A friend gave me enough B&W prints to finish it. My order from https://ineedfabric.com/ never has arrived. I have to try and get a refund. I did about 20 arrangings, but settled on this. I know I will use a border, but undecided how to do it yet.

     The other quilt was Rolling Stone, a free pattern from Jordan Fabrics  I still need to sew the sashing on before I take it off the wall and clip it for webbing. Border unknown yet also. Great use for a layer cake with little waste.



10 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That has to feel good, getting the prep done for a retreat. Both are looking good.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

The prep work can really make a difference - even though it feels like a chore at the time. Your quilt tops look great - and will be perfect projects for your retreat - ;))

Anonymous said...

I have always liked the Rolling Stone design and I have a layer cake that was gifted. Thanks for linking the free pattern! Your prep work will pay off big time. Good for you! Quiltdivajulie

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry the company isn't responding for a refund. Nice blocks. Have fun making the quilt tops at retreat. I think my card arrived today in the mail. I'll see when I finally get back home (another week here).

Vicki W said...

Oh my gosh, a Rolling Stone quilt! That was one of my Great Grandmother's favorite blocks! I quilted one UFP quilt top of hers that was gifted to one of my Mom's cousins. What a fun memory.

Vicki W said...

Also, do a credit card chargeback to get your refund.

Mystic Quilter said...

You are well organised Linda having these two all ready to go when you begin retreat. I've always loved to see star quilts, this one is full of them! The rolling stone pattern is so effective and smashing fabrics!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THose are both so great!!! I really like the black and white one at the top - what if you did a border with all the colors in it?
Have fun at your retreat!

Jeanna said...

Both quilts look so pretty but I really like Rolling Stone. You have a great plan for getting these two into a flimsy at the retreat.

Elisabeth Lincoln said...

Good Morning! I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma on February 13 2023. How do I go about requesting a quilt? Thank you, Elisabeth