Friday, January 27, 2023

Black and White, but not all over

      Long ago, I participated in a star swap with Barb Vedder. It used black and white prints in the center and solids for the stars. They came out lovely. I made some extra. And then they sat until I figured out what to do with them to make a quilt.


     Adding another row of flying geese all around, making a star within a star, looked appealing to me. I had to scrounge to find enough different solids. I make my Flying Geese with the Easy Angle and the Companion Ruler. If I cut right, no trimming, YAY!


     However, I arrived at the point where I ran out of Black and White prints to not repeat. I only need a 3 1/2" WOF strip, but no more in the stash. So here is where it sits. All the solid color pieces are cut out to finish.

     The quilt should be 6 x 7 blocks and I am short. I looked for prints online, but it was like one here, another there (all those shipping $$$). I found a huge collection at https://ineedfabric.com/collections/black-white-fabric-collection. I ordered them on Jan. 15th, and have heard nothing so far. I have never ordered from them before. They said they would send me a notice when it ships, but so far nothing. Anyone have experience with them? Sure would love to finish these blocks. Not sure why black and white prints are so hard to find. I thought I had a decent collection, but I need 42 kinds, but only at 3 1/2" WOF strip.
     Stay tuned.

8 comments:

Jeanna said...

I really like what you did with making a star within a star. I sure hope you hear from that company soon.

Vicki W said...

I hope your fabric arrives soon because this is going to be an awesome quilt!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like the extra row of flying geese all around, too! I make my Flying Geese with my LEFT-EZE Rule - and like you - if I cut right - no trimming - YAY! I hope you hear from this company soon - your blocks look great! - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those blocks are looking great. Hopefully you will get your fabric soon.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow Linda - these are tremendous, such a good idea to save the day by adding the extra row of Flying Geese.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have not heard of that company before so clearly I've never ordered from them. I do hope your order ships soon! The quilt blocks (so far) are looking super.

Sharon said...

How does one subscribe to your blog? Sharon

Elsie Montgomery said...

Hi, here from the link at Exuberant Color. Love your quilt. I ordered from that company in January and am waiting. They sent a note that they received my order and would let me know when it was shipped. Yikes. I live in Canada so it will take weeks. I was still getting Christmas cards from the USA in late January. Sigh! I might give them a "what's up" shout. Hope your fabric arrives soon!