Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Batik Diamonds, big and done!

      A while ago, I bought some batiks on Etsy that were very reasonable. I think they were Boundless. I bought a layer cake and some jelly rolls. The jelly rolls made an Upstairs, Downstairs and I sewed the layer cake to kind of grunge white 10" squares. I made HSTs by sewing around al 4 sides, and then cutting diagonally twice. The trimming is the long part, but I used the Clearly Perfect slotted trimmer ruler and I had to cut only 2 sides. I showed the layout before. I was able to web it during the fall quilt retreat and used a wide backing as it is quite long and wide. Glad I stocked up on some a while ago.
     This was the first quilt on the longarm since November when I did one of the kid quilts for my friend before Chasen Dreams finished all other 6. I use chalk to draw my designs on the fabric and pencil doodle on newsprint before I start. I used Blizzard Glide on the top and PremoSoft prewound blue on the bottom. I find I like a finer bobbin thread, so I have been mostly using DecoBob or Glide 60 and it makes me the happiest quilting. The grandkids helped me pick out the green batik for the binding and I am happy to say it just needs a recipient and they can be quite tall.

On wall before webbing


Back

Detail

9 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is gorgeous - especially your quilting!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - that turned out beautifully! And your quilting is awesome! - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilt. Glad the grandkids could help.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love those blues and green, the quilting is awesome.

Gene Black said...

Great job. I love the colors and as everyone has said, the quilting looks amazing.

Jeanna said...

This is such a pretty quilt! I love batiks, I don't think you can EVER go wrong with them. Your quilting is magnificent.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its beautiful - and your quilting is perfect for it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Pretty colors, and it's always good to have a longer quilt in the lineup to gift.

Vicki W said...

What a pretty quilt! It's going to be a lovely comfort quilt for someone.