Thursday, September 16, 2021

Lots of Color

      During the big quarantine, I did the quilt along with Gudrun Erla on Elvira. I thought it was a fun quilt and made a nice large one to give as a comfort quilt. It was pretty bold from fat quarters I had brought together as bright patterns.
     I found out that a secretary that worked at my last school had a rough summer battling a long running blood cancer disease. She always loved bold, lots of color. The quilt reminds me of her. I messaged her on Facebook to see if she would like it. I sent her the link to my blog. She said yes, so I quilted it and put the whole quilt package together. She had two treatments this week and is not up to me delivering it this week, so hopefully she will feel better so I can drop it off next week.
     I quilted each whole block with a different pattern, depending on what the fabric said to me. I love the quilting. Mocha glide with mocha glide 60 in bobbin.

On longarm




Back with extra blocks



The whole package, quilt not in bag yet.

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gorgeous - I keep thinking I'd like to make that pattern . . .

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

VERY pretty and colorful! I love how you quilt each block differently - is makes it truly special - ;))

Gene Black said...

I think that will be perfect to cheer her up with all the bright colors and lovely quilting.

Vicki W said...

One of my quilt club members made a veterans quilt in that pattern using autumnal colors. It looks great in both colorways and will be a lovely comfort quilt.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a beautiful quilt and will certainly bring her a smile or two!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those bright colors will certainly bring some cheer!!