Monday, September 6, 2021

Scattered Block Shots

      Trying to meet deadlines for challenges, exchanges, etc. means doing a lot of different blocks, fabrics and sizes. That means fabric shrapnel all over the place and now facing picky cleanup. However, I did get done all I promised.
     My guild is doing a block exchange- sets of 24. I did two sets of 24.

     The guild is also doing a twin challenge- two people each making the same block in their own fabrics. In my case, it is three of us. The block was PopRocks. I did two because I usually do better on the second one.
     Our guild show is next year, so we are working on the raffle quilt now. The organizers chose Lucky Star and I did 2 of the blocks they kitted up. All batiks.

     I promised Lynne that I would make a bird block for her collection. It took me three until I got the bird with the attitude I wanted. The top bird is going to her.

    The second half of the blue bargello still needs to be sewn together. It is waiting not so patiently pinned up.
     And finally, Elvira (Gudrun Erla) is on the longarm. I found a person in need of comfort due to health issues who just loves lots of crazy color. I think this quilt is all her.

7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Fabric shrapnel - LOVE IT! You have been a busy little bee - your projects look terrific! - ;))

O'Quilts said...

Yeah you!!!! Fabric shrapnel...great with words, you are!
All those birds are great. Good for you...Now you are motivating me. xo

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We should have a happy song to sing as we enter the room to do clean up and smiles mandatory. Maybe that would make it go faster.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I still need to make a bird for Lynne . . . you have indeed been busy. Best of luck with the fabric shrapnel removal (grin).

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow you have been packing in a lot of sewing!! Cute birdie and lovely colourful star blocks, I hope you'll show us the full quilt when all participants have completed their stars. Happy clearing up the scraps.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You've been busy. Glad you got to attend an in-person class.

Kathy S. said...

I love all the birds! Great job on getting all of your promised sewing done this week. Your guild quilt will be fantastic. Glad you can finally get together again. Oh the Bargello is fantastic. You definitely have the the for putting colors together. I know you had to have been such a cool art teacher. I bet you still have students that think of you when they make something. using a technique you taught them. Lovely comfort quilt. Hope it brings joy to and comfort to the recipient. Have a blessed day, Linda.