Monday, October 11, 2021

Hopefully back in posting rhythm

     I have no idea where the last month went. I went to PA to help my daughter out when her daycare closed due to 1 case of Covid and was there for a week. We went on our scheduled 4 day trip to the Adironadacks, and then some other running around. Trying to get things put away.
    The one big project I got done was assembling the Blue Bargello. It had sat in strips too long. The first half was done a while ago. The other strips were pinned up longing to be sewn together. I sewed the first half with my lovely Singer 301. I decided to sew the second half with my 115 yr. old Singer 15 treadle. You cannot believe the gorgeous stitch it makes. The machine is such a balanced and engineered marvel. I only wish the complicated bobbin winder worked.
     I know I will put a border on it because I do not want all those seams in the binding edge. I don't know how wide or what color. I am thinking at least 3" finished as I used 2 1/2" strips for the bargello. Maybe a dark blue, hmm.
     The pattern is a freebie.

Sewing the srips on the treadle. Kind of funny- the treadle backs up to my iMac.

I like it better flipped opposite of the pattern picture. Blue tape strip numbers not yet removed.

13 comments:

Preeti said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW!! I like it upside down, too - it's BEAUTIFUL! - ;))

The Joyful Quilter said...

Simply stunning, Linda!!

O'Quilts said...

very impressive

Kathy S. said...

Wow, Linda! That is gorgeous. I'm glad it got to come out to play. Your old Singer is beautiful as well. It's okay to be friends with the iMac. Yeah!

Karen S. said...

It is beautiful!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a beautiful bargello!!! The colours are perfect. I wondered were you had disappeared to although I haven't posted for three weeks due to health problems and only read a few blogs now and again. Pleased to read that you did at least have the four day break in the Adirondacks.

Joyce Carter said...

It is very beautiful Linda. I love the color. Have been thinking about you. I am glad you are well.

Pat McDonald said...

Can't wait to see this finished. I love it.
Pat

Dre in PA said...

What's wrong with the bobbin winder? Usually it's the newer class 15 bobbins not fitting the post. With age the stop on the bobbin winder post tends to wear down and doesn't mesh well with the newer bobbins.
Pretty decals on the machine!

Gene Black said...

I am glad to see that someone else knew something about that bobbin winder.

The bargello is lovely. I love them but don't like making them.

Vicki W said...

October for some reason, is turning out to be my crazy month. I feel November coming on with a panic to make Christmas postcards! I love your bargello. I made one table runner once but that was all I could handle!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Such a gorgeous bargello!
Isn't it crazy how time gets away from us - I am thinking that we need a pause button haha!