Thursday, February 18, 2021

Mystery quilt QSTs trimmed

      I am caught up with the guild mystery quilt so far. This month was sewing Quarter Square Triangles (QSTs) into a nine patch star, solid color in middle. The QSTs were a breeze to trim using a Bloc Loc ruler. 

   I don't buy rulers just to buy them- if I think they will help in accuracy and piecing, I will buy them. I usually try them out at vendors at Quilt Shows (remember them?). Can't wait until I can go to a big show again.





 
Seams pressed for less bulk

12 Blocks are made for Mystery Quilt


5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Oh, what a pretty block!!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful new block, Linda! You use a lot of different colors. What's your favorite? I haven't noticed any trend in the quilts you make.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the fabric colours Linda, the look so pretty made up into the star
block.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love my bloc loc ruler. Nice blocks!

Kathy S. said...

I have one of those rulers too! I bought it special to square up blocks made of the extra triangles. I really like how it nests up against the seam.

I've never been to a big quilting show. I've been to little quilt shows where there is one or two rows of vendors. Someday we shall get back to it? Someday... when the time is right.