Monday, July 6, 2020

Quilts in search of bags

     The comfort quilts that I make and give on referrals are put into tote bags which hold the quilt, book, card, and pocket quilts. The quilt is washed, dried, put into the tote and the whole bag goes into a XL ziploc bag to keep it clean and fresh.
     A few years ago, someone gave me about 25 bags that are a vinyl canvas with side pockets that I have successfully used. The company went out of business, and I got the totes. I sewed a quilt block pocket over the logo pocket and that is where I put the book, card and pocket quilts.

     However, I am on my last two tote bags. The one pictured went out on Friday. I have looked all over the internet for them. I looked in the bag, found a company name and contacted them to see if I could buy some unprinted. They only had 13 in stock and the order is usually fifty. I offered to buy them and I received an email that they would donate them if I gave them company information. I am not a company, but a free service and I tried to explain that in a response and show them how I use the bag. I have not heard back from them, so I don't know if I qualified in their book. I would even buy them.

     The fact remains is that I need bags like this. If you know anywhere I could purchase these and that they are not prohibitively expensive, please let me know. The bag is an integral part of the package and it can be used to transport stuff for treatments. Waterbottles fit nicely in the side pockets.

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on finding a bag source! Regarding the listing of a company name, I probably would have just listed the name of my blog. Hoping they might consider donating the remaining bags!

Debbie said...

Nice bags are tough to find. Fear the price will be high. I agree with the idea to use the blog name and again explain the use. Hoping they will donate to you.

Mystic Quilter said...

Excellent idea for your quilts and I hope you can find a supplier soon.