The RWB exploding squares that I trimmed on vacation were laid out, then sewn, then two borders were added to make it big enough. Guild members had cut a kit for this, but I was unsatisfied with the fabric chosen for the last round, so I dug around to find some other prints instead of the solid white. Then there was not enough for the red border, so I changed that also. Anyways it is all sewn together and I bet the backing is not big enough for my long arm. I took a photo in the shade and in the sun where it was windy. I have made I don't know how many of these exploding squares. This one used 4 patch orphan blocks for the first square.