Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Trying to keep up

     I don't know how Sarah, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, keeps up. I have a lot of tops pieced, but my quilting is slow. Lately, I have had 4 requests for comfort quilts. I have to quilt, sew pockets on bags, make a card, wash everything and put it all in a tote bag and then in an oversize zip loc for the recipient. I used my last book and, fortunately, some one gave me an Amazon gift card so I could order another 6 books.  I feverishly labored to get this one out the door for my neighbor, the author, who requested the package for the mother of a coworker.
     I think I would like to make this double hourglass again. I liked the onpoint arrangement better than straight rows. The setting side triangles were tricky to figure, but I guess there is an app for that. 
Double Hourglass on point
Back 
Detail of quilting and the stripey binding

2 comments:

Barb said...

great colors! fun backing too

Louise said...

The double hourglass has great movement when on point like that! It almost looks like there are some curved blocks.

Sarah is a whirlwind, isn't she?