Finally, I emptied all the bowtie blocks from a block swap hosted by Barb that I received last fall. I had made about 25 extra and all the blocks were in a big zip lock. I got the urge to get them all up and see what I had after all these months.
The first round up I realized I wanted more columns, so I had to make about 20 more. It was hard to scrape up more grays.
I added all the blocks except duplicates I had made. I only pulled out one block from the swap that no contrast in the color to gray combo- it looked like one piece of fabric.
For a couple days, I messed around trying to get the lighter ones evenly distributed so they were not all lumped together. I did try lights going to darks, but the busyness of the pattern fought with it.
I had to just end it and get it down from the wall because I needed it for another quilt. So, I numbered the columns with painters tape and clipped them by columns, Wanda style, and will sew the columns together, then the rows.