Saturday, September 19, 2015

Three Finishes, all bound and ready to roll!

     I tend to work grouping similar tasks. For example, I will do a whole lot of backings at once for tops and hang them together ready to quilt. Last week, I made bindings for 4 quilts and sewed on three. The last binding is a large quilt, and it is harder to glue bind- moving the bulk around. All three are comfort quilts, waiting for someone to give me a name of a recipient.
     The black/color strips were sewn as tubes, then cut to stagger the placement. I quilted a different pattern in each stripe to practice my quilting.
Front

Back
     Dancing Star was a Square in a Square pattern- finally completed.
Front
Back

     Goodnight Irene was a leader-ender scrap quilt. I did diagonal quilting with my new ruler and I am not real pleased with the shaky lines.
Back

Front

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

From what I can see all of your quilting looks great!

Sarah said...

Yet another great strip quilt - is there a pattern available for this? I teach an annual "easy" quilt for gifting or donating after Thanksgiving at our LQS and this could be a good project. TIA for the info!