Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Trying to get back to it

      Well the "it" is blog posting. I read all my favs and comment, but I don't seem to have to mental fortitude to write my own. I have taken plenty of photos and get them on the computer, but stall at writing the post. I have a nice list of posts to do on my to do list, but I just stare at it. It is hard for me to write what I do and getting those photos off the camera, named and in the right folders takes longer than it should for me. Too bad I couldn't just take the photos and they would be right there on my hard drive presto!
     Since my last post, Christmas passed and it was days of card making and getting them out. I think the only one that was late was to Maureen in NZ. I did them with watercolor and no tricks, just flat out brush painting.

Rosie, for the second year, inspected all supplies throughly for use


      The card process is in steps. I cut a strip of watercolor paper (Arches 140 CP). First the yellows/oranges in the sky. When dry, the blues/darks of the sky. Then a light tree line. Then the darker tree line. Then the individual trees. Each step has to be totally dry before I paint the next. I get about 7 cards out of each strip. Last, I add tree shadows and white dots of snow (gel pen). After it is all dry, I cut them, mount them on background paper, and glue them to pre-folded cardstock. I glue a verse inside. Then address and stamp them. A long process. I did not take photos of the finished cards, but a few blog friends posted them. If you are just hankering after one of these, I have a few left, just send me your address and eventually, I will send one.
     One of my favorite things is cutting down the Christmas tree which my husband and I still do. Neither of my grown children do. And the grandkids no longer want to go with us, but we go and we love it. The tree farm is a 45 minute ride into the next county, but the scenery is breathtaking and the tree hunt is great fun.
     Hope this post is not too Christmasy for you, but inspiring you with the natural beauty of trees!




Forever Green Farm's Barn




7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your cards are treasured here! My husband absolutely loves them!

Gene Black said...

I have always saved any hand created cards that I receive. Those look lovely

Anonymous said...

Oh, my…your work is utterly gorgeous! Thank you so much for gathering your thoughts and posting them today. And not at all too Christmasy! Loved it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

A marvelous post - not too Christmasy at all. I love tree farms! And I have all of my cards collected together in a journal that stays with our Christmas decorations to be pulled out each December to be shared and enjoyed.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your cards are timeless and can be on display all year. I always love your production line process photos.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

My whole family loves your cards - they sit in the middle of the island ( where we all eat)
I am glad you are getting back to blogging - one post at a time ;-)

Mystic Quilter said...

Your cards are much treasured Linda, and it is always such a joy to receive them - late or not, thank you.