Saturday, May 13, 2023

Octagon OBW

      I have made at least 5 One Block Wonder (OBW) quilts and love them. I have the book and noticed that there is one using octagons instead of hexagons. Wow, you can piece them together as whole blocks instead of half rows, love it. Of course, you need 8 repeats instead of 6. I did make one octagon one a while back, but just quilted it before eye surgery and bound it yesterday (black thread on black binding- needed perfect sight). I want to make a big one! Finding the right fabric is a huge hunt- I need a 24" repeat and eight of them. The background to foreground ratio has to be just right.
    Here is the finished octagon OBW. It is 41 x 53. Quilted with Glide Cleopatra (where do they get these names?). Now to find a wall space for it.



5 comments:

Gene Black said...

Congrats on a lovely finish. Black on black is always a challenge for my eyes too.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt is so pretty.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Beautiful!! - ;))

Elsie Montgomery said...

I love it! I have 7 panels of an elk in the mountains. Too many ideas, too little time!

Vicki W said...

Very pretty!