Friday, May 5, 2023

Much clearer

      This past week, my right eye cleared a lot, so I decided to go ahead with the surgery (cataract and glaucoma) on the left. This time, there were no cloudy, foggy obstructions. Just clean colors and sharper vision. The right eye still has a bit of cloudiness at times, but is improving. Still doing all those burning eyedrops, but I started to drive today. I have to hold off bending over and doing anything strenous until next week. I was able to sew and sew.
     I was able to web the Pixel Chain and put it up on the wall. At first, it didn't grab me, but as it has been up and it got sunny outside, I really like it. I think I may put a white strip border on it to hold all the seams instead of just binding it. I would need bigger backing though. It is about 69" x 63" now.

     Another thing I have been doing is using a small graph paper notebook to draw ideas, projects, things I see so I can refer back to them and not lose all those small pieces of paper I jot notes down (sizes, websites, construction). Color pencils and glueing in printouts so I can find and use the information is a real treat. I hope I can keep it going. I have used artist sketchbooks for my paintings for years, I don't know why I did not think of this earlier instead of random scraps of paper.


7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm so glad your eyesight is improving and that you are able to sew! I like your Pixel Chain and your notebook idea - I started one but had forgotten about it - thanks for the reminder - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is such good news that the other eye didn't have any problems.

Gene Black said...

I am thrilled to hear that the second surgery went well with no vision problems.
I don't have the patience to draw up all of my ideas on paper that way. I am fortunate to have Electric Quilt, so I can do it digitally and save those files.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Such wonderful news regarding your eyes!

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad that your eyes are better and this quilt is so bright and happy!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay for progress on the eyes!!!
Love this quilt - but I love bright colors and its so fun!
Maybe just a small border so you don't need a bigger backing? like 1 inch to hold it all together?

Quilting Babcia said...

It is so good to hear that the right eye is improving and that your second surgery went wonderfully! Our eyesight is such a precious gift, especially for us quilters! Trusting everything will continue to go well with your healing.