Tuesday, June 14, 2022

HSTs- next for webbing

      When my daugher and her husband spent last week grading AP Chemistry exams, I helped to babysit the 3 yr. old and 6 month old so my daughter could grade online in PA and my son in law grade in Salt Lake City. I took my machine and a couple of projects with me. I was able to web and sew a Scrappy Trips that was a leader ender for too long (photo to come) and trim 168 HSTs made from a layer cake (4 per 10" square) with the Clearly Perfect Slotted Trimmer. And iron them all with Best Press. Not exactly an exciting process.
       After I got home, I arranged them on my design wall (too short) with a design I sketched out from a table runner I saw online. While the colors alone were not exciting to me, when they appeared mixed in a design, I really liked them. After all, they are batiks- never met one I did not like. It is 12 blocks across by 13 down and used every single one of them, wonderful. They are clipped by column and ready to web. I know it is not symmetrical on the top and bottom, but it was either leave out the top row of blocks, or try to make new ones for the bottom to match. I don't have any more of the cream background fabric and I thought it will just be fine as it is.


 

7 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Then you have a totally unique quilt top Linda!

Gene Black said...

I find that a lot of quilts are not symmetrical top to bottom. That seems more acceptable than not symmetrical side to side.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Mystic Quilter and Gene - unique and asymmetrical is perfect - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

If it were a wall-hanging maybe the symmetrical layout would be important but with a quilt that is wrapped around a body it won't make any difference.

Kathy S. said...

Yes, the batiks are gorgeous. Nice work getting it to this point.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

ohhh that is so cool tho!!
and how great you were able to help out and... get a little quilting stuff done!!!!

O'Quilts said...

very nice xo