Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Guild workshop- All pieced!

      A couple of Saturdays ago, our guild had a guest teacher, Marija Vujcic, to show us how to make her quilt pattern, Borneo Nights ,  a freebie. It uses larger squares of fabric so I thought of some RWB layer cake squares I had around that were not enough to make a quilt on their own. Marija is a very energetic person, smart (does bio research on cancer at the Roswell Cancer Institute), funny and helpful as well as very talented.
     I got a good chunk of the blocks made that day and I was determined that they would not sit around and marinate for an extended time. The arrangement of blocks in the pattern somehow bothered me- kind of scattered to my eyes, so I moved them into a different arrangement. It is quite large. I see this as a veteran quilt. It will be awhile until I quilt this one as so many are ahead of it. Pretty simple pattern as long as you keep your wits about you.

Arrangement according to pattern

My arrangement

All sewn together

9 comments:

Donnie said...

Very nice. I do like your arrangement better.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I like your more regular layout, as well the pattern's scattered approach, Linda! It looks like a fun quilt to put together.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your layout is definitely better with your fabrics.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is really really pretty! Kinda like those BQ quilts?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - your layout is definitely better - ;))

O'Quilts said...

Good for you!!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

You definitely have the better arrangement, much easier on the eye.

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post