Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Floral Zebra

      Finally, the Zebra I made from Lynne's pattern was quilted. I am not sure what got into my head, but I entered it in Quilting Unlimited Show at the View Art Gallery in Old Forge, NY.  I have entered before, but everytime I submit a quilt, I see all the flaws. My machine quilting is hand guided and all I see are the errors. I don't want computerized quilting, but I feel judged by its perfection. I love the gallery in Old Forge and having a quilt hang there is a privilege but it is up to them. I realized when I was done, that the border prints don't match up good enough. Never thought of it when I was seaming the border. Too late now.


Detail
Back

 

8 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You're too hard on yourself - it looks wonderful! - ;))

Pat McDonald said...

You always do such beautiful quilting, love all your work.

Gene Black said...

You never know what the judges will like or not like. It is subjective.
Your quilting looks good to me.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

well i think it is awesome!!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on an awesome quilt finish, Linda!!

O'Quilts said...

proud of you for going for it...It is lovely to see other people's work...AND,, I must say I have spent quite a penny on buying quilts with many points that do not match....years old. How did we ever get quilt police??? xo

Mystic Quilter said...

I had missed this post Linda - so pleased you have the Zebra quilt all finished and entered in a show, I think hand guided machine quilting shows that we are human, every stitch doesn't have to be perfect. You have a lovely quilt there!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It turned out fine. We always find our own mistakes when others would have missed them.