Tuesday, June 22, 2021

H2H finshed, Utah bound

      Finally, I finished the last and third quilt for the Hands 2 Help drive from Sarah. All three tops were sent to me by Alycia from women she knows. I added borders and quilted them. Packed them all up and the box goes out this morning to Emily. The postage cost took my breath away. Yikes.
     I think that the border I added and the quilting enhanced and calmed down the xblocks so that it is quite lovely.
     I admit that receiving tops, tweaking them and quilting them for comfort quilts is quite pleasantly satisfying and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope I can do it again.

The original top I received

The finished top, Stonehenge fabric border, stripe binding

Back, a batik that I had to soak for a while to stop bleeding

Quilting texture before washing

Quilting texture after washing

The quilt roll as packed

8 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - I like the border and backing that you added - and your quilting, of course! The texture is MUCH better after it's washed - it looks so soft and snuggly. The striped binding is a nice touch - ;))

Gene Black said...

The quilting certainly looks lovely. I like the way the outer border fabric design is enhanced by the quilting. It really gives it a pop.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on meeting your H2H21 commitment, Linda!! You did a fine job of transforming that quilt from Alycia's friend.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful!, and I hear you on postage/shipping costs - why I do much of my comfort quilt giving locally.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow you did a great job with the quilt to you were sent Linda, it's a beauty!The green outer border really holds everything together so well and I love the block pattern.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love Love Love it!!!

Vicki W said...

The green border is exactly what it needed!

O'Quilts said...

Indeed a great job!! You are a brilliant quilter!