Monday, June 21, 2021

A-Mazeing quilt

      I quilted a quilt from someone else because they asked and I could do it. She blogged about it here. It was a Maze design. I had to stare at it for a while to figure out what would look best for the color and requests she wrote. I decided to do different motifs in the different colors. I used Gray Glide 60 for the top thread and DecoBob Dove Gray for the bobbin. Gratefully, it gave me very little tension isues.
     The binding was a flange binding. I sewed it on the back with PremoSoft gray and the front with YLI monofilament, clear. I washed it then and immediately bagged it, packed it, and it arrived clear across the country just as it was supposed to. The best part was it was exactly what was wanted, whew.

The front before washing


The back


When washed, the texture shows much better


9 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

The photos are great - but it looks even better in "real life"! You did an AWESOME JOB!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice job on the quilting.

Gene Black said...

The texture shows really well after washing. That is why I don't consider any of my quilts "finished" until they have been washed.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Excellent quilting work and hooray for fewer tension issues!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome quilt collaboration, Linda!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That turned out great!

Mystic Quilter said...

Great job with the quilting, I would have found it extremely difficult to think how to work with this one.

Vicki W said...

What a great collaboration!

O'Quilts said...

yup!! I agree with everyone else...great quilting xo